Saturday 8 August 2015

Missing People

Hi Bookworms,
Sorry I haven't posted at all recently, I just haven't been in the mood!

So this past week, I have noticed a bit of a theme going on with what I have been watching/reading.

The theme is: Missing People.

I started off the week by going to the cinema to watch Paper Towns. I read the novel last year, and I really enjoyed it! I was a bit nervous to go and watch the movie, but I really think that the movie was just as good as the book, which I don't often find with book to movie adaptations.

I think my favourite bit was when Q, Radar, Radar's girlfriend, Lacey and Ben were at the gas station, and when they were buying the food, the camera  slowly went up the cashiers body, and then, taking up the whole screen, was Ansel Elgorts face. Everyone in the entire cinema either squealed or gave an excited "Oh!"

The second missing people's thing this week was the book I read. I only read one, because for some reason, this book took me forever! The book was called 'Vanishing Acts' by Jodi Picoult. Overall I thought it was quite a good book, not one of my favourites, but not bad either.
Here is the blurb from Goodreads :
Delia Hopkins has led a charmed life. Raised in rural New Hampshire by her widowed father, Andrew, she now has a young daughter, a handsome fiance, and her own search-and-rescue bloodhound, which she uses to find missing persons. But as Delia plans her wedding, she is plagued by flashbacks of a life she can't recall. And then a policeman knocks on her door, revealing a secret that changes the world as she knows it." In shock and confusion, Delia must sift through the truth - even when it jeopardizes her life and the lives of those she loves. What happens when you learn you are not who you thought you were? When the people you've loved and trusted suddenly change before your eyes? When getting your deepest wish means giving up what you've always taken for granted? Vanishing Acts explores how life - as we know it - might not turn out the way we imagined; how doing the right thing could mean doing the wrong thing; how the memory we thought had vanished could return as a threat.

Rating:







3/5 Deathly Hallow Symbols


And the last thing for the missing people theme is the song 'Like I'm Gonna Lose You' by Meghen Trainor, featuring John Legend. At the moment, it's all I've been listening to!

And that's all for now!
Happy reading!

And listening



And movie watching......




No comments:

Post a Comment